Monday, January 03, 2011

Vacation in Destin

What a procrastinator I am! It only took a year to write another post. That's terrible. Can't say I'll do better because I don't like to make promises I can't keep. I finally decided to get a Facebook page and that has me thinking more about posting events and thoughts just to keep track of life as it happens.

Barry and I traveled to Destin, Florida for Christmas and had a relaxing and enjoyable time. Somewhere I read, "The best camera is the one you have with you." and we are attached at the hip to our cell phones, not to mention the iPhone takes great pictures.

Here we are beginning our journey...

We are headed to The Residence Inn by Marriott in Sandestin. They are a pet friendly hotel that we stayed in October 2008 when I went back to The Andrews Institute for follow up after my shoulder surgery. They have a great breakfast that is included in the price. The "gym" wasn't much to brag about, consisting of one odd universal machine, one bike and two treadmills, but I was able to get a few good cardio sessions on the treadmills. There's also a really great Gold's Gym close by where we trained a couple of days. Fully equipped kitchens and fantastic dog walking areas were nice extras. I forget how wonderful my bed and sofa at home are until I'm away and back pain returns to remind me. Still, I highly recommend this hotel if you love to bring your dog along.

Since I've become more interested in food and cooking, the trip provided opportunity to indulge. Here are before and after pictures of whole crispy fish from Royal Orchard Thai Cuisine. This meal was outstanding. I wish I had photographed the "Tea Rose" steamed dumplings. They were absolutely amazing... I wish we'd gone back a second time. More to come in another post...

No comments: