Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Julia Stamper at Nationals

Julia Stamper placed 6th in the heavy's. She was in fantastic condition with a very impressive level of muscularity. It's extremely difficult to compete twice in one year. To make improvements for the final show is really hard, but Julia managed to add muscle and get leaner for this show. Unfortunately, she was overlooked for the first call out, which is a shame. Only the top 5 are allowed to perform their posing routines during the evening, so most people only got a brief look at Julia. I'm confident that she'll move up next time she competes. Julia will be 35 December 30th which means she can compete at Master's Nationals. Funny thing… I did Master's Nationals when I turned 35. It wasn't a pro-qualifier until 2005 when I took the overall. I hope Julia doesn't have to wait that long to turn pro!

I've worked with Julia for two years, but this is the first time we've met. Julia is a class act! She knows that she looked her best ever and is totally satisfied with the outcome here and in Las Vegas at the USA's.


Here are some of my favorite shots of Julia...













3 comments:

Sean said...

Hi Robin:

It's gratifying to look in on you periodically and see that you are thriving! I hope you and yours have a happy and healthy holiday. Take care, luv.

-Sean M.

Unknown said...

Robin,

You and Julia did a great job at Nationals. I was highly suprised and disappointed to say the least with regard to her placings. Julia displayed great symmetry, unbelievable conditioning while still maintaining overall femininity in the sport so I look to see a future pro down the road and I will have the great pleasure of meeting her at Masters. I will be doing my first ever National show (thankfully not in Julia's class) but still just an honor to meet her and be on the same stage. Take Care and Props and much respect to you both-Stacey

Orange County Guy said...

Hi Robin, remember me? Andrew in Phoenix? I saw you once when you used to live in Tucson 11 years ago! Anyway, I found your blog and I'm glad to see you're doing fine. Hope to see more of your posts on your blog.

Julie Stamper is really beautiful. I haven't been keeping up with bodybuilding as much as I used to. I used to follow it a lot all throughout the 90s.